Home Food & Shopping Woman finds deadly spider in grocery store grapes

Woman finds deadly spider in grocery store grapes

103
0


Connecticut woman, eating grapes with her 11-year-old son, finds deadly BLACK WIDOW SPIDER inside the box

A Connecticut woman says she found a black widow spider in a package of grapes from a grocery store.

Laurie Fitzgerald, of Branford, explained that she bought the organic grapes from a Stop & Shop in the area on Monday morning.

She and her 11-year-old son were eating the grapes together when they found the spider.

Laurie Fitzgerald, of Branford, explained that she bought the organic grapes from a Stop & Shop in the area on Monday morning

Laurie Fitzgerald, of Branford, explained that she bought the organic grapes from a Stop & Shop in the area on Monday morning

She and her 11-year-old son were eating the grapes together when they found the black widow spider

She and her 11-year-old son were eating the grapes together when they found the black widow spider

‘It makes you nervous,’ she explained to NBC New York. ‘It makes you wonder where they’re importing the grapes from.’

FItzgerald added the venomous spider didn’t bite, and the store offered her a full refund.

Stop & Shop released a statement regarding the incident that said: ‘Stop & Shop and our grape growers take necessary measures to keep spiders out of the grapes that are sold. 

FItzgerald added the venomous spider didn't bite, and the store offered her a full refund

FItzgerald added the venomous spider didn’t bite, and the store offered her a full refund

Black widow spiders are one of the world's most dangerous

Black widow spiders are one of the world's most dangerous

Black widow spiders are one of the world’s most dangerous

‘Despite that effort, it is possible for a spider to get into the bunches as they are a part of the natural, organic environment.’  

The grapes were reported to have come from a company in California. 

Black widow spiders are one of the world’s most dangerous.

Fatalities are rare but its venom is reported to be 15 times stronger than a rattlesnake.

Bites can cause nausea, muscle aches or paralysis of the diaphragm, making breathing difficult. Bites can be fatal to small children or the elderly.

The grapes were reported to have come from a company in California

The grapes were reported to have come from a company in California

 

 

Advertisement

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here