Jessie J’s net worth revealed after singer won ‘China’s X Factor’
Jessie J has a new title to add to her resume.
After spending months competing on China’s version of X Factor, the British singer was crowned the winner over the weekend. Millions tuned in to watch as she became the first international artist to take the title.
The competition series brings together the best acts from all over Asia to compete against one another.
Jessie J competed on the Chinese version of X Factor and was crowned the winner
Jessie J, 30, acknowledged that some fans may be confused as to why she decided to compete.
On Instagram she wrote: ‘Last year I was asked to compete in a singing competition in China. I know a lot of people were shocked when they found out.
‘Like why would I compete in a singing competition…I’m probably the least competitive person I know. But also it was an opportunity to bridge a gap between two cultures…Seeing the boundaries break down and the rules be shifted made this whole experience incredible.’
What else might you be shocked to learn about Jessie J? Find out below.
Who is Jessie J?
Born Jessica Ellen Cornish on March 27, 1988, Jessie J is an English recording artist. She was born and raised in London, England, where her career kicked off at age 11.
Jessie J eventually signed a deal with Universal Republic, the label that helped her put out her debut single, Do It Like a Dude. She released her first album, Who Are You, in 2011. It charted at No. two in the United Kingdom.
Last year I was asked to compete in a singing competition in China. Performing alongside the biggest established singers / artists across Asia. I was the first international artist to ever be asked / compete. An honour alone. I know a lot of people were shocked when they found out. Like why would I compete in a singing competition… I’m probably the least competitive person I know. I said yes because I LOVE to do the unexpected and I LOVE to represent the UK and singing everywhere I go. I LOVE to sing. But also it was an opportunity to bridge a gap between two cultures. For them to see a western performer and hear music some had never heard before and visa versa. For the performances to be seen by millions outside of China and visa versa. And those people to discover the show was the best part. The respect being shown for both cultures and the love was ❤️ Seeing the boundaries break down and the rules be shifted made this whole experience incredible. China is an amazing place and so different to anywhere I have ever been. I have never been made to feel more welcomed and loved as I have done here. My team and I have been in China for 3.5 months. It’s been an amazing learning experience for all of us! We worked hard! THANK YOU! I love you all! �� I won the show last night. But what we all won was the beginning of something really magical. I am so happy I got to play a part. Here is to me being the first but not the last international artist to be on SINGER. And for the boundaries to continue to be broken. I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU! I still cant believe I came 1st! �� Last night a billion people watched the show | MAD ✨��������❤️
Her second album, Alive, was released in 2013. It was ranked among the top five albums in the U.K. at the time. Sweet Talker followed in 2014 and reached No. 10 on the Billboard 200 in the United States.
Her fourth album, R.O.S.E,is due for release in 2018.
Jessie J net worth
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Jessie J’s net worth is about (£5.5m).
This Singer Show in China is so hectic.. I have crippling anxiety just watching these talented people. Watching a friend nail a stunning performance is great and all but I still can’t breathe. @JessieJ you are tough as nails.
— Ruby Rose (@RubyRose) April 13, 2018
How did Jessie J make her money?
Jessie J’s impressive fortune has been made through her music. She’s been building a career since age 11 when she appeared in the West End production of Whistle Down the Wind. She also appeared on Britain’s Brilliant Prodigies as a teen.
Since then, she’s fostered a successful career as a musician and appeared as a judge on shows like BBC One’s The Voice.
Jessie J age
Jessie J is 30 years old.
Why is Jessie J in China?
Jessie J was in China because she was invited to compete on I Am a Singer, the Chinese version of X Factor. She was there for a little over three months competing and was crowned the winner over the weekend.
Jessie J Chinese x factor
Jessie J competed on a Chinese television series called Singer. The show is their version of X Factor.
Jessie J was crowned the winner, making her the first international artist to take the title.
Jessie J singing I Will Always Love You
For her final performance on I Am a Singer, Jessie J performed her own version of Whitney Houston’s I Will Always Love You. The performance won her the entire competition.
ESTAMOS ARREPIADOS! Jessie J cantando “I Will Always Love You” de Whitney Houston na final do ‘The Singer’. pic.twitter.com/tCoKnvnm6z
— Suporte Jessie J (@SuporteJessieJ) April 13, 2018
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Fortnite update 5.30: All the leaked skins revealed
- Twitch to stream Pokémon marathon with all 932 episodes next week
- Aretha Franklin funeral: Date, location and more
- Women’s Equality Day 2018: Everything you need to know
- Who is Philip Schneider? Hillary Swank’s husband revealed after couple’s secret wedding
- UEFA Player of the Year Awards shortlisted footballers revealed
- Tekashi 6ix9ine ‘asks judge to stop prosecutors from calling him by his rap moniker’
- How do you impeach a President and what happens next?
- Viswasam: All you need to know about Ajith Kumar’s new film after poster reveal
- Who is Maya Hawke? Uma Thurman’s daughter revealed after being cast in Quentin Tarantino’s new film
- Who will replace Danny Boyle as the new James Bond director?
- Snoop Dogg cookbook From Crook to Cook to be released after Martha Stewart cookery show success
- Facebook’s data security app Onavo to be removed from Apple’s App Store
- Phil Collins tour: Not Dead Yet: Live! Dates, tickets and venues
- Jimmy Kimmel calls Sean Hannity ‘a lunatic’ months after ending feud
- The Happytime Murders: All you need to know about Melissa McCarthy’s new movie
- New on Hulu in September 2018: All the movies and TV shows coming soon revealed
- Lenny Henry net worth revealed after comedian’s 60th birthday
- Who is Gretchen Wilson? ‘Redneck Woman’ singer revealed after arrest at Connecticut airport
- All the James Bond directors revealed following Danny Boyle’s departure from Bond 25